PICom 2017 solicits submissions of posters, demo abstracts and Work-in-Progress (WiP) papers describing on-going research progress and/or demonstrating working prototypes. We welcome submissions within the scope of the main conference, with topics including (but not limited to):
- Deep Learning and Deep Computation
- Big Data and Smart Data
- Brain-inspired Computing and Soft Computing
- Social Intelligence and Agent-based Computing
- Ubiquitous Intelligence and Cyber-Physical Computing
- The Internet of Things
- Embedded Hardware, Software & Systems
- Pervasive Devices, Wearable Computers, RFIDs, Sensor technology
- Pervasive Networks and Communications
- Middleware for Pervasive Computing
- Edge computing (EC) and Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
- Pervasive device virtualization (PDV)
- Privacy, Security and Trust
- Pervasive Electronic Market Management
- Pervasive Mobile Commerce
- Context-Aware Computing
- Situation-Aware Reasoning and Recognition
- Mobile Data Mining and Ubiquitous Data Mining
- Activity Recognition
- Cloud Computing and Services for Pervasive Computing
- Smart Urban Spaces and Smart Homes
- Intelligent Social Networking
- Pervasive Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Ambient Intelligence
- HCI for Pervasive Computing
- Semantic Analysis
- Mobility and Multimedia Data Traffic Modeling
- Rapid Application Development for Mobile, Pervasive and Ubiquitous System
- Programming Abstractions for Mobile, Pervasive and Ubiquitous System
Student participants will greatly benefit from the Posters and Demos session; it will be a lively forum to present their work and receive early feedback from international leading experts attending the conference. We encourage submissions reporting revolutionary concepts, breakthroughs in science and technology, and ongoing research prototypes. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on technical merit and innovation as well as their potential to stimulate interesting discussions and exchange of ideas during the event. Demo/Poster/WiP papers must be 2 to 4 pages long and formatted according to the main conference paper layout. Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (EI indexed).
* At least one of the authors of any accepted paper is required to register and present the paper at the conference.
* Extended versions of selected papers will be considered for fast-track publication in special issues of prestige journals (see more at http://cse.stfx.ca/~picom2017/si.php).
* Papers should be prepared in IEEE CS Proceedings format and submitted via EDAS systems, selecting the Demo/Poster/WiP track <https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=23155&track=86802>.
* To submit a demo paper, please add “Demo Paper:” at the beginning of the manuscript’s title.
* To submit a poster abstract, please add “Poster:” at the beginning of the manuscript’s title.
* To submit a work in progress, please add “WiP:” at the beginning of the manuscript’s title.
* Submission: August 17, 2017
* Notification of acceptance: August 24, 2017
* Camera-ready and registration: September 1st, 2017