The 6th IEEE International Conference on Smart Data (SmartData-2020) organizing Committee invites proposals for special sessions that address new emerging directions and hot topics on Smart data. Special sessions are to be organized by internationally recognized experts, aiming to bring together researchers in special focused topics on Smart Data. Interdisciplinary applications and newly emerging research areas are strongly email@example.com
The organizers of the SmartData2020 special session are expected to soliciting a call for papers, form a program committee to help in the reviewing and selection of papers as well as finalize the special session program. The registration fees for special sessions will be determined by and paid to the main conference. The main conference will provide special sessions facilities including the working notes printing, meeting rooms, coffee breaks, lunches, dinners, proceedings, etc.
The proceedings of the SmartData2020 special sessions will be published by IEEE (IEEE-DL and EI indexed) and will be made available to all conference registrants on site. A special session submission in PDF is limited to 6 pages following the IEEE proceedings format (or up to 8 pages with an additional charge for extra pages), including tables, figures, references and appendices.
Prospective special sessions organizers should send a proposal containing the following information:
- Title of the special sessions (Full name and Abbreviation)
- Objectives, scope, and contribution to the main conference (up to 1 page)
- Short bio of the key organizers and their experience on conference organization
- Procedures for selecting papers, plans for advertising call for papers, and intentions for organizing journal special issues if possible
- The expected number of participants
- A tentative list of program committee members
- The workshop website URL address if available
Each special session will start to distribute a call for paper after receiving the notification. Papers submitted to each special session will be reviewed by the program committee and external reviewers of the special session. Once accepted, each special session organizers are in charge of:
• Establishing their own paper submission systems.
• Deciding own submission deadlines, but following the same camera-ready deadline and registration deadline as the main conference.
• Ensuring that each paper selected for inclusion in the proceedings will be registered for the main conference at the same registration rates. Each paper must be presented in person by the author, or one of the authors.
Special Session Proposal Submission
Please submit your proposals as a PDF attachment to
Speical Session Chairs
Jihong Ding, Zhejiang University of Technology, China
Waheed Iqbal, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
Isaac Triguero, University of Nottingham, UK
Xia Xie, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Proposal Submission: June 15, 2020
Proposal Notification: before June 22, 2020
Camera-ready for papers accepted in the special sessions: Sep. 02, 2020